Truck Driver Appreciation
September 10-16 2017 is National Truck Driver Apprecation Week, a week when we say thanks for all that our drivers do. As a trucking company we simply cannot exist without them. More importantly, the work that truck drivers do is essential to our economy and the way we Americans live our everyday lives.
There are 3.5 million truck drivers in the U.S. These 3.5 million drivers:
- Deliver 10 billion tons of freight each year, which equates to 70% of the nation’s total freight tonnage.
- Deliver to the 80% of our nation’s small cities, towns and villages who have no other means of receiving goods.
- Help make possible the more than 7.4 million trucking industry jobs in America.
- Have a crash rate that is 29% lower than the average driver.
- Are principally at fault in just one-fourth of fatal car-truck crashes.
While we may not always think about all the things truck drivers provide, their work is appreciated not just this week, but all year round.